Microsoft 365 has replaced the long-standing Microsoft Office name following a recent announcement from the company. Microsoft believes that in order for users to benefit from all of their apps in one location, they had to bring them all under one roof.
What is Microsoft 365?
Microsoft 365 is simply another subscription service, similar to Netflix. However, this is a little different.
Microsoft 365 provides access not only to Office products such as Word and Excel, but also to additional apps such as Microsoft Teams, Microsoft Editor, and many more. Despite the fact that Office is being rebranded, Microsoft 365 has been available for years. But it went under the name Office 365.
Similar to other subscription services, Microsoft 365 invoices you either monthly or annually. Undoubtedly, you may be annoyed by the fact that this is yet another membership service. But, there is a catch to it.
The earlier version (Office) is a standalone, once-only license that can be used up till you’ve had enough. You don’t get much of an update because it is a one-time purchase license.
However, if you choose Microsoft 365, you will receive ongoing upgrades as well as new apps and features. Even you can save your files to the cloud right away. And the trade-off for that is the subscription plan.
Is it really worth it? Yes, without a doubt. For just over $7 per month, you get a ton of features. It also includes 1TB of cloud storage. I believe the trade is fair and square.
Microsoft 365 features in the lowest package
- Use up to five devices simultaneously.
- Works on PC, Mac, iPhone, iPad, and Android phones and tablets.
- 1 TB of cloud storage.
- Access to the latest updates
- Apps access: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Editor, Microsoft Defender, Microsoft Family Safety, Microsoft Family Safety, Microsoft Teams, OneNote, Publisher, and much more.
- Connected via the cloud to collaborate with others and edit files in real time.
- Video editor with premium filters and effect
- Ad-free email
- OneDrive advanced security and backup
- Data and device protection
- Tech support with no extra charges